Laser Hair Removal Bikini
What are the pros and costs of laser hair removal bikini area? Is laser hair removal worth it? what is included? And the best ways to keep your skin hair-free?
Removing hair from a sensitive area is definitely one of the women’s goals for personal hygiene care. Therefore, you are always looking for the best solution that guarantees good results that basically satisfy you.
The bikini laser is considered one of the most effective ways to get rid of hair. It guarantees a long-lasting result compared to other traditional means. Consequently, in this article, we will reveal to you everything you need to know about a bikini laser so that you can be fully informed.
Shaving, plucking, and waxing are time-consuming. Laser hair removal for the bikini area seems to be the best option when it comes to saving money and time. Laser therapy is a high-tech method that uses concentrated light to destroy the hair follicle under the skin, leaving the skin fuzz-free.
We asked many women about their experience with laser hair removal bikinis and collected all the information you need to know before laser therapy at clinics or at home. We will also discuss laser hair removal bikini different options.
- What is a bikini laser?
- Benefits of Bikini laser
- Hair Removal methods of the Bikini Area
- The Effects of Laser Hair Removal in the Bikini Area
- Is Bikini Laser Hair Removal Worth It?
- What Does Bikini Laser Hair Removal Include?
- Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
- Philips Lumea as the best at-home hair removal device for the bikini area
- How to Prepare for bikini laser hair removal?
- Instructions for using Philips Lumea for bikini
- Laser Hair Removal Bikini Using Philips Lumea
- Philips Lumea IPL 7000 Series Advanced (BRI921)
What is a bikini laser?
Laser is one of the means that help in removing hair in the bikini area. It targets the edges of the underwear and the pubic area. The laser can reach the dark coarse hair in this area through the light of the laser beams. The darker the hair, the more effective it is in absorbing the laser light.
Benefits of Bikini laser
The lighter the hair, the less effective it is at absorbing light. The effectiveness is reduced in the case of blond, gray, or red hair. The bikini area laser offers many benefits for women, as it:
- removes the sharp hairs that result from shaving, waxing, and other traditional methods
- reduces redness, irritation, and increased hairiness that result from other traditional methods
- makes the area fine and smooth
- controls access to hair with extreme precision
- Performs quick hair removal. In a fraction of a second a quarter of a centimeter of skin can be removed
- provides hair removal time again
- reduces sweating
- eliminates spending money on traditional tools, such as razors, wax, and creams
Hair Removal methods of the Bikini Area
There are a handful of methods that can be used to remove unwanted hair in the bikini area, they include:
- Shaving: It requires a razor and shaving cream, it’s a quick, reliable method for removing hair, but contains a high level of risk & inconvenience
- Waxing: It provides longer-lasting results than shaving, but it’s riskier as well. Research says 38% of people attempting to wax at home ended up with burns
- Depilatory Creams: in this method, women use chemicals to dissolve the hair off the skin. While the hair shaft is removed, the root remains, just like with shaving
- Laser Hair Removal: You can visit a clinic for a relatively expensive treatment session, or use an at-home laser device. This method heats the follicles and stops their growth gradually over 2-3 weeks, providing long-lasting results up to 6 months
The Effects of Laser Hair Removal in the Bikini Area
There are many questions that women ask about the effects of laser hair removal in the bikini area. Among these questions:
- Does laser hair removal whiten sensitive areas?
- Has laser hair removal cause infertility?
- Does laser pubic hair removal cause cancer?
Cosmetic experts around the world confirm that laser hair removal from the bikini area has many benefits. They answered such questions scientifically:
- The role of laser is not limited to hair removal only, but it also helps to whiten sensitive dark places. such places include the pubis and underarm that have a different color from the rest of the body. This is because it stimulates the skin to secrete collagen responsible for bleaching and unifying color.
- Laser hair removal from the bikini area does not lead to infertility. It does not have any effect on the hymen either. Rather, it may be accompanied only by temporary local pain, which varies in intensity from one woman to another. It disappears by the end of the session.
- laser pubic hair removal does not pose any risks to sensitive areas. this is a non-ionizing light ray that does not have the property of transforming normal cells into cancerous. Up till now. there is no single case that proves that this process was the cause of any cancer cells.
Is Bikini Laser Hair Removal Worth It?
If you add up how much money you spend on razors or bikini wax sessions during your life, they will not cost you $200 to $400 per session but it’s hurtful and provide only short-lived results. However, Laser hair removal is a beauty investment.
Laser hair removal bikini area costs from $150 to $350 per session at a clinic. With the need for multiple clinical sessions, the price will grow higher, compared to a fixed price you need to pay to obtain an at-home laser hair removal device specializing in bikini treatment.
The price range for the best laser hair removal devices is $350-550.
What Does Bikini Laser Hair Removal Include?
Bikini & Brazilian laser hair removal two hair removal shapes for laser therapy. Here are the basic bikini and bikini extended hair removal methods:
The basic bikini covers 2-3 inches outside the panty line. The basic bikini doesn’t include the panty line. It is a very basic hair removal method as it only removes unwanted hair outside the panty line.
The bikini extended laser hair removal covers 2-3 inches outside the panty line too. At the same time, it includes removing unwanted hair inside the panty line. This also includes removing unwanted hair on the sides up to the labia.
Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
Laser hair removal provides a long-lasting result, instead of permanent results, as achieving such results is impossible.
While laser hair removal doesn’t give permanent results immediately, the results are totally worth it. After finishing your laser hair removal sessions, you will notice that your skin is smooth and hair-free for months, and with Philips Lumea, it can go to nearly 6 months long.
Philips Lumea as the best at-home hair removal device for the bikini area
Speaking of Philips Lumea, we consider it the best Laser Hair Removal bikini specializing device, for a handful of reasons:
- It has a specializing attachment designated for the bikini area
- Provides up to 92% hair reduction in 2-3 sessions
- Can finish a whole treatment session in 2 minutes only
- Works corded/cordless
- No hidden costs
How to Prepare for bikini laser hair removal?
For the majority of people who are interested in hair removal around the bikini area, there are a few things you need to put into your consideration. First, you have to limit plucking, waxing, for a few weeks before doing laser hair removal.
You should also avoid sun exposure in that area for a few weeks before and after treatment. Sun exposure makes laser hair removal less effective and can cause some complications after treatment like burning, hyperpigmentation (dark marks), and scarring. Find out more on preparing for laser hair removal
Video footage on how to use Philips Lumia on bikini area:
Instructions for using Philips Lumea for bikini
- Avoid UV exposure for 1 week before and after using Philips Lumea for bikini
- Don’t sunburns 2 weeks prior to the treatment session
- Avoid sunless tanning products for 1 week prior to the session
- Stop waxing, tweezing, and chemical epilation 3 weeks prior to treatment
Laser Hair Removal Bikini Using Philips Lumea
As we mentioned earlier, Philips lumea models come with a Bikini attachment.
Philips has updated its version and changed and replaced some of its models. Those are the current Philips Lumea Models:
- Lumea 9000 series BRI957
- Lumea 9000 series BRI958
Philips Lumea Prestige known as 8000 series now
- Lumea Prestige 8000 BRI949
- Lumea Prestige 8000 BRI945
Philips Lumea Advanced known as 7000 series now
- Lumea Advanced BRI923
- Lumea Advanced BRI921
- Lumea Advanced BRI920
- Lumea essential BRI861
Here are the top-selling Philips Lumea models:
- BRI949 (Top Pick)
Philips Lumea 9000 Series BRI958, BRI957
Philips Lumea 9000 is the first home cordless laser device. It comes with 4/3 attachments and contains SkinAI features. The full solution for the face and body with 4 smart attachments. It also contains an app that works with AI to monitor and analyze the skin in real-time, and it achieves quick results from the first sessions.
Philips Lumea BRI956
Philips Lumea Prestige BRI954
Philips Lumea Prestige IPL 8000 Series BRI949
Lumea Prestige 8000 Series is your solution to remove hair at home with ease and safety in any area. The device comes with 4 smart attachments for the body and face specially designed to perfectly fit the curves of your body. It also has the smartSkin and SenseIQ technology features and 450,000 flashes, equivalent to 39 years of lifetime.
Philips Lumea Advanced IPL 7000 Series
Philips Lumea Advanced or as it also known as 7000 series is an excellent category of hair removal devices that contains many features and is the most popular category among women. It comes with 3/2 attachments and 250,00 flashes and smart skin features and corded use only.
The Philips lumea advanced comes in more than one version, and the following are the best versions of the 7000 series.
Philips Lumea IPL 7000 Series Advanced (BRI923)
Philips Lumea 7000 BRI923 Advanced is the latest and top-rated version of the 7000 series. Contains 3 attachments for the body, face, and bikini and is the only version of this series with Special treatment bikini hair, it also comes with the Lumea IPL app for follow-up and skin analysis.
This is in addition to 5 energy levels that automatically choose the appropriate power level for your skin to remove hair effectively and without pain. It also comes with a Pen trimmer and is suitable for most skin types.
Features of Philips Lumea IPL 7000 BRI923
- Skin Tone Sensor adjustable to your skin type and with 5 manual intensity settings.
- 3 full solution face and body attachments: body (4 cm2), face (2 cm2), bikini (2 cm2).
- Lumea IPL app free coaching app that helps you plan and stick to your treatment schedule.
- Corded use only.
- Comes with a Satin Compact pen trimmer to remove hair from small areas.
- Easy to use in small areas, thanks to the compact handle.
- Built to last, 250,000 flashes, equivalent to 20 years of lamp lifetime.
- Comes with accessories: Eyebrow comb, Cleaning brush.
Philips Lumea IPL 7000 Series Advanced (BRI921)
Philips Lumea 7000 BRI921 is one of the most interesting versions of the advanced series of Philips lumea as it comes with integrated attachments for the body and face and for corded use with extra long cable for more comfortable and easy use. In addition to the smartSkin feature and 5 manual intensity settings delivers effective and long-lasting results without hair.
- 250,000 flashes, equivalent to 20 years of lamp lifetime.
- Corded use with extra-long cable for added flexibility while treating.
- Skin Tone Sensor and 5 intensity settings.
- Every 2 weeks to get started — that’s half as many treatments as other devices.
- 2 attachments: body 4.0 cm2 , face 2 cm2, extra filter.
- For quick application in small areas.
- Comes with accessories: Eyebrow comb, Cleaning brush.
Philips Lumea IPL 7000 Series (BRI920)
The Philips Lumea 7000 Series BRI920 is one of the best Philips Lumea releases ever and to this day it is still an excellent choice for many people. This is because it comes with excellent features that give great results in a short time and enjoy 12 months of hair-free smooth skin.
This is in addition to its unique price and its ability to get hair-free and smooth skin without pain and completely comfortably. Philips Lumea 7000 Series BRI920 comes with body integrated attachment (4 cm2), and a large number of flashes 250,000 flashes, which makes it equivalent to 20 years of lamp lifetime.
Philips Lumea IPL 7000 Series (BRI920) Features
- Skin Tone Sensor and 5 intensity settings for a comfortable and easy experience.
- 1 body attachment (4 cm2), for use below the neckline.
- Corded use for treatment on small areas.
- Optimized with the Philips Lumea IPL app.
- Suitable for a wide range of skin tones and hair colors.
- Comes with a Satin Compact pen trimmer to remove hair from the small areas.
Permanent laser hair removal for the bikini area is easily achieved using laser kits from Philips Lumea. Bikini laser hair removal is a very comfortable experience using Philips Lumea.
When it comes to laser hair removal, Philips Lumea models provide long-lasting results on your bikini hair, in a shorter time than other devices.
Philips Lumea kits are affordable, efficient for hair removal, and have a large number of flashes.